Agrico UK Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Agrico BV, a Dutch farmers’ cooperative. The company specializes in the maintenance and multiplication of new and existing varieties destined for the Fresh and processed markets within the UK.
The business is based near Glamis in the county of Angus, Scotland approximately 30 minutes north of Dundee.
An exciting opportunity exists with Agrico UK Ltd for a Sales Manager. This challenging and rewarding role requires a responsible individual with commercial experience and knowledge of the fresh produce industry, preferably in potatoes.
The Sales Manager is responsible for procuring and selling potato seeds to established customers throughout the UK and selected export markets to achieve the best possible return to the company.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- maintaining and building a good relationship with customers
- selling seed potatoes at an optimal price.
- expanding the market share of favoured varieties in the market.
- building a sales structure, and contributing to marketing strategy.
- creating and managing the sales plan for the market.
- making sales contracts and ensuring that agreements are fulfilled. Closely monitoring debtors.
- Being a key player in the UK country team together with your technical, and logistical colleagues, both in the UK and The Netherlands.
We are looking for a colleague who wants to use his / her enthusiasm for sales in agriculture to promote Agrico varieties and Agrico UKambition for growth.
You are a team player but can also work on your own. You can demonstrate yourability to build relationships with others at different levels and act diplomatically to reach harmony and consensus in all situations.
Youidentify business opportunities and are aware of the most recent developments in the market.
In addition, a solid and convincing personality and solution-oriented approach are important to succeed in this function.
YOU WILL ALSO REQUIRE:-
- Tertiary education diploma
- Excellent knowledge of English, spoken as well as written
- Solid working knowledge of the potato chain
- Willing to be geographically mobile relative to home.
We offer you a challenging, full time position within an international company that is one of the world’s leading innovators in the breeding and supply of seed potatoes. You will receive a competitive salary and the opportunity to develop yourself within sales and agriculture.
If you feel your interest, experience and ability fit this profile why not submit your CV with a covering letter to: email@example.com