Position: Fieldsperson (x2)
Location: Duns/Floods Ferry
Greenvale are a leading supplier of fresh potatoes and the UK’s largest grower of organic potatoes.
We are looking to recruit for two roles of Procurement Fieldsperson, one position based in the North and one in the South/East. Your primary aim will be to monitor crops in both the field and the store and deliver timely, accurate information to the site teams on quality, condition and availability of potatoes.
Some of the key tasks and responsibilities are:
- Working alongside the Produce Solutions team to provide regular information on growing conditions, canopy and tuber development, crop maturity and yield predictions.
- Building strong and sustainable working relationships with growers.
- Working with growers to ensure crops are harvested and loaded into store in optimum conditions.
- Regular monitoring of crops in store.
- Communication of crop intelligence information with Procurement teams, site teams and external parties.
- Identifying non-contract buying opportunities and opportunities to bring non-Greenvale growers on board.
- Support the delivery of crop monitoring information in line with customer and grower expectations.
- Communication of quality and yield information to growers and suppliers.
Experience and Qualifications
Previous experience of current best practice within the potato growing and production Industry. Excellent communicator at all levels with the ability to create effective relationships with growers and suppliers. Applicants should be IT literate, have a keen attention to detail and possess a full driving licence.
If you feel you have the skills for this role or would like more information, then please send your full CV with covering letter to Rob Crisp (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing Date: Friday 5th May 2017